Friday, July 24, 2009

Daisy - the rotten years....

Daisy is making me crazy. As I’ve mentioned, the house has been hot. HOT. I’m sure the AC needs to be upgraded; god only knows what condition the vents are in. And, of course, WHAT insulation. Anyway. So, we’ve been running a very small window unit AC in the bedroom. It’s right at the foot of the bed – my side – and Daisy just LOVES it. She starts begging for it to be turned on around 4 in the afternoon if we’re home, right after her supper if we aren’t. She just heads in there, climbs up on the bed (at 14 she’s too old to jump), and lays down RIGHT IN FRONT of the AC unit. Cute cute cute – but there’s no place for me when I come to bed. If it were only Daisy, I could probably cope. But Ruby also wants in front of the AC, Loretta wants up by our heads, and Rosalita wants under the covers because she’s freezing. I would give anything in the world for a second bedroom, with a second bed. The couch is pretty comfortable, though….

No comments:

Post a Comment