Monday, August 18, 2008

Finally - a funny story!

I've been prompting the dogs to do something stupid lately. "I don't have anything to blog about, y'all...can't one of you please make a fool out of yourself?" I guess the heat of the summer has gotten to them as well, because there was refusal to oblige. Until yesterday.




Tony brought home bagels. I'm not much of a bagel fan - for one thing, a whole bagel is just so much bread - but I decided to eat one yesterday morning. Anyway, the "old" carton of cream cheese was almost out (why, Tony, did you put it back in the refrigerator with a teaspoon of cream cheese in it?). Into the kitchen comes Rosalita (aka Piglet). Big, liquid brown eyes. But, remember, she's the one who is convinced that we try to poison her twice a day - once at breakfast and once at dinner. I held the carton down to her, and typical of a dog about to be poisoned, she wouldn't take it. So I just set it on her nose - kind of dangled it there. She sits up on her haunches (think a "begging" pose), Philly Cream Cheese container danging from the tip of her nose. Then she starts licking, which makes the container bounce up and down on her nose.....Fortunately, it fell off about the 5th lick - otherwise Tony would have had to take me to the hospital for a sedative to calm my hysterical laughter......

3 comments:

  1. Where's your camera when you need it? But all that laughing would have made a blurry pic.
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words:
    VIDEO CAMERA

    Next words:
    $10,000 on America's Funniest Videos

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I thought about the camera for like 2 seconds, but I was just laughing too hard to do anything about it!

    ReplyDelete