Thursday, June 5, 2008

Our poor, poor garden


I haven't been in the yard anywhere near as much as last year (in case you remember all the fabulous pictures I posted). It got too hot too early. Tony waters almost every afternoon, and stuff is completely wilted again by the very next morning. The only thing that seems to be thriving - and I can't figure this one out - is a canna lilly I planted in a container last summer. I know they're heat-resistant, but this is one tough plant. My best intentions were to split it this summer, but I didn't, and now it's taken over the pot. Pretty, though....

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful canna lilly! At first glance I thought it was an orchid.
    You're doing a lot better at gardening than I am. The dogs think plants are something soft to lay on, so I haven't planted any this year. Got any suggestions to combat that?
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! No, no advice...I have a pecan tree in the yard, with one of those bricked flower beds around it....where I've always wanted to plant caladiums. Well, actually, I HAVE planted caladiums - MANY times...but they always get trampled. So, last year they did quite well in pots!

    ReplyDelete